In Episode 13, host Justin Robinson interviews Cole Barker, a CrossFitter, Cross Fit30 Coach, and a Real Estate Realtor. Cole Barker shares why he has remained involved in CrossFit, the benefits of the Fit30 program, how to stay healthy during social distancing, and how the coronavirus has impacted the real estate market.
- 00:42 – Justin Robinson introduces guest Cole Barker
- 01:36 – Cole Barker shares how he got introduced to CrossFit.
- 03:32 – Cole’s wife Heather has been involved in CrossFit for the last 3 1/2 years.
- 04:46 – Even with coronavirus shutdowns, there are Facebook CrossFit accountability groups.
- 05:35 – What is Fit30 and what is Cole Barkers experience been like as a coach?
- 08:12: – Justin Robinson’s gym has seen Fit30 pull in a wide-range of non-CrossFit members to get involved.
- 10:14 – Cole Barker shares a story about how he has seen Fit30 change someone’s life.
- 15:03 – People should be out there stretching and yoga-type exercises for proper mobility.
- 17:30 – It is important to get outside. Our homes are full of dust that we are breathing in.
- 18:03 – What does a day look like to keep everyone in his home entertained ad with a positive attitude.
- 20:28: – Our bodies were made to be outside.
- 22:00: – How has COVID-19 affected Cole Barker’s real estate ventures?
3 Key Points:
- Fit30 is CrossFit without barbells and a great transition for people that are moving from casual fitness on their own to a more structured approach.
- Fitness and cardiovascular workouts are boosting your immune system to fight off illness.
- 30 minutes of sunlight a day offers great Vitamin D to strengthen your immune system.
- “A long walk or better yet, a jog. Just get the system moving and flushing it out and get a really good sweat. I think that is good several times a week, is just to really shock the body a little bit and keep it primed” – Cole Barker
- “It’s not just about weightlifting or anything like that. You kind of have accountability partners. I think that is what is great about CrossFit.” – Cole Barker
- “Through all of us, If one of us aint showing up to the gym for a while, we generally reach out and say, where have you been? What’s going on?” – Cole Barker
- “Coaching has a different aspect to it because now you have people coming to you for information. But I like it in the sense that it makes you look into the programming, the movements.” – Cole Barker
- “The healthier you are, the more fit you are. We know how important mobility is and especially in hips and knees and all that stuff and to not do anything, your body kind of starts shutting down.” – Cole Barker