Jason Forrest grew up in awe of his father, a persuasive jewelry salesman. Interestingly, his Sunday school teacher was Zig Ziglar. He became obsessed as a child with high performance, communication, and selling. For many years he has studied high performance coaches to better understand how we can apply their strategies to our lives as corporate athletes.
Jason became obsessed with how to really change behavior. This is how he came to study the subconscious mind. 95% of our daily actions are driven by our subconscious minds. It’s meaningful to assess what the subconscious mind is telling someone that is in conflict with what they need to do to become more successful. They can then rewire those subconscious thoughts to place them in alignment with what they want out of life.
Jason asks us to think of each human as a brand new computer in factory condition. We each come with basic programming. Research says that 70% of your programming happens in the first seven years of your life. Sometimes we need to clear the cache or delete corrupt files, so to speak. Be careful what you're uploading into your cloud because that's what you’re downloading into your reality.
Jason describes the four main frequency levels: beta, alpha, theta, and delta. Beta is high energy. Right below that is alpha, which is awake or barely awake. Theta is a trance state. Delta is a deep sleep. For the first seven years of life, you were in theta. If you look at how to reprogram your hard drive, you have to get back into theta as much as possible. Most people on the road are in alpha. They’re in a light trance. When you're in that stage, the gatekeeper of your conscious mind is asleep. This is why it can be crucial to think carefully about the media you choose to listen to or the social media accounts you follow.
Jason is obsessed with spartan races and biohacking. Health is the bedrock of everything. He learned he needed a certain stamina to pull off four day marathon seminars. He began hacking his biology to optimize his energy. He even hacked his wedding vows to create a better mental model for marriage. Jason invests in himself. Every three months he sees a wellness doctor. He gets a full blood scan and a DEXA scan. He has four personal training sessions per week and does Pilates. He estimates that he spends $1000 a month on optimizing his health.
Jason shares how to get his book, The Mindset of a Warrior, for just the cost of shipping and how you can learn more about him.
3 Key Points:
- 95% of our decisions come from our subconscious mind.
- When you’re reprogramming your subconscious, you’re deleting corrupt files and replacing them with more useful files.
- Biohacking is a way to optimize your health to optimize your energy and other health factors.
- “The reason why I went off on my own is because I became obsessed with the idea of how do you really change behavior in a person.” – Jason Forrest
- “70% of your programming happens in the first seven years of your life.” – Jason Forrest
- “The reason why health is so important is that it’s the bedrock of everything." – Jason Forrest
- “You’re hacking it for your own good.” – Jason Forrest
- “Everyone is in sales because everyone is in the business of promoting their opinions and beliefs so that they can help themselves and help other people.” – Jason Forrest